Ones to Watch: Amy Fitz Doyley
Amy's a twenty something singer/songwriter who spent her summer on a mini-Brexit tour of Europe...
She finds inspiration all around and advises aspiring creatives to tackle their weaknesses head on and grab every opportunity!
1) Congratulations on being featured as one of Hiive’s ‘Ones to Watch’ for October! Can you introduce yourself and your creative work/interests?
My name is Amy, I am a singer and songwriter from London and I am interested in experimenting with sound.
2) What are you currently working on?
At the moment I am working on fusing music with poetry with natural sounds and electronics. With the help of Sofar Sounds I have been able to organise what I'm calling a Mini-Brexit tour which has seen me spend most of my summer traveling around Europe and performing in intimate spaces!
3) Who/what influences your work and where do you find inspiration?
I'm influenced by just about everything. To me, it's all about perspective - there are a thousand and one ways of looking at things and with these, come new inspiration.
At the moment I'm really into Accapella, Trumpet Jazz, Bird Song and Poetry.
4) What are your future creative ambitions?
I am interested in setting up my own record company and self-releasing the EP I am currently working on. I also want to travel more with my music and inspire others to take a step in creating their own music.
5) What advice would you give people aspiring to work in a similar creative field?
Keep practicing, be the best you can be and never stop learning! Find out what your weaknesses are and tackle them head on! Grab every opportunity and be proactive. Don't be afraid to 'fail' or to be different. Always be prepared and last but not least, be nice to the people you meet and work with regardless of who they are.