AVA Festival & Conference is calling all emerging electronic music producers, DJ’s and Visual Artists based across the UK and Ireland. AVA is committed to showcasing both local and international talent and their AVA Emerging competitions are the perfect opportunity to shine a light on the strength of the thriving underground scene.
The Emerging Producer competition will give the opportunity for a producer who has not yet made a release to feature on an EP with Extended Play as well as feature on the Feel My Bicep blog, features on BBC’s Across The Line, tech support from Native instruments and mentoring and artist development support from JMX & T-BONE.
- Producer must not have had a previous release.
- Entrants must be from Ireland & UK
- Entry can be any style of electronic music.
- 1 track per entry.
- Entry to be 320kbps & mp3 format
- Submissions will be made to Hiive.com with the heading ‘AVA Emerging Artist Track - (Your Name)’ by Friday 5th May 2016.
- If shortlisted, finalists responsible for organising travel to final at AVA Conference .
- Entrants must create a Hiive.co.uk account to submit.
Terms and conditions
- By submitting you accept the following terms and conditions:
- All copyrights remain the property of the submitting artist.
- Shortlisted Visual Artists agrees to supply all photographs/prints/videos selected for exhibition as requested (either printed or digital)
- Insure any requested prints are suitably packaged and reach the AVA Festival by 5th May 2017, ready for hanging/display (if required)
- Insurance of all entries remain the sole responsibility of the submitting artist.
- Artists shortlisted and selected may be included within relevant promotional material for the Festival.
- The returning of prints to the owner after the Festival is the sole responsibility of the artists, however the Festival will facilitate the return of work.
- Winners will be announced on the AVA Festival and Hiive websites and contacted by e-mail.
- The decision of the Judges will be final.
- If shortlisted, Emerging DJ finalists are responsible for organising travel to live final and winner responsible for travel to AVA Festival & Conference.
- If shortlisted, Emerging Producer Finalists responsible for travel to AVA Festival & Conference.
- Winner of Emerging VA is responsible for travel to AVA Festival & Conference if desired.
- Feature on an EP with Extended Play
- Feature on the Feel My Bicep blog
- Mentoring and artist development support from JMX & T-BONE
- Technical support from our partner Native Instruments.
- JMX & T-Bone – Extended Play
- Sarah McBriar – AVA Festival
How to apply
If you're not already a Hiive member, please hit 'Register' in the top right corner, it's free to join and only takes a few minutes to sign up.
Once you're signed up you'll see a red box in the top right corner, hit 'Apply' and begin your application form.
As well as filling in your application for you’ll need to upload your track to your Hiive profile. You can do this via the Upload creative work section of your edit profile.
If you have any issues with your application, pop your question into the discussion below and we’ll get back to you asap. If your enquiry is of a sensitive nature, please email: email@example.com with the subject heading: AVA Producer Competition.
Amy Fitz Doyley
Performer, Writer & Music Workshop Leader