AVA Festival has partnered with Red Bull Music to give two artists the budget and opportunity to create an installation at the festival, to live during both days and nights, across Friday 1st and Saturday 2nd June.
The installation should be impactful, use Light or AV or both in some form and create a lasting impression on both the festival, and the attendees. The installation must fit in a 10m x 10m x 10m area, and ideally will hang from the ceiling, create a vocal point and a special stage backdrop. The installation will work in both daylight and in darkness.
The total budget for the project is between £1000-4000 per artist, which will be allocated on a case by case basis. This must cover every element of the installation, including any materials, staff related costs, related hire charges, suspensions, platforms etc.
Judges will be the Red Bull Music Head Designer and the AVA Festival Director.
How to apply
To enter, please submit the following via a PDF Proposal:
1. Vision + Description
2. Designs, with dimensions
3. The Project Plan and Team you would use to build / create the installation
4. Budget breakdown with suppliers, staffing, etc.
Terms & Conditions
- AVA holds the right to request changes to the submitted projected budget based on their knowledge of costs and required expenses whilst building the installation at the event. This includes health and safety measurements.
- All materials used in the installation will be the property of AVA Festival after the event, unless specifically agreed with AVA prior to the event.
- Artists shortlisted and selected may be included within relevant promotional material for the Festival and Red Bull Music.
- Winners will be announced on the AVA Festival and Hiive websites and contacted by e-mail.
- The decision of the Judges will be final.
- The applications close on Friday 13th April at 5.00pm.