Film Accounts Trainee Finder Scheme 2018/2019
Creative Skillset Trainee Finder
29th March 2018
5 days to go!
Creative Skillset Trainee Finder
29th March 2018
5 days to go!
Trainee Finder is a year-long industry training scheme, which matches the brightest new talent with productions in Film and High End TV, across the UK. The scheme opens doors for new entrants to get paid training placements and learn in the workplace from real professionals.
Since its launch, Creative Skillset's Trainee Finder has helped place trainees on Feature Films and High-End TV Drama across the UK including Fantastic Beasts 2, Yardie, Mamma Mia 2, Wonder Woman, Jurassic World, God's Own Country, Breathe and Lady Macbeth. For High-End TV Drama, productions include Peaky Blinders, Poldark, Game of Thrones, Outlander, Dr Foster and No Offence.
This is a chance to become part of Creative Skillset’s hugely successful Film Trainee Finder Scheme as a Film Accounts Trainee. The scheme lasts for 12 months from June 2018. Throughout this time the successful applicants will benefit from a 5-day induction event run by The Production Guild; paid placement opportunities on some of the biggest films in the UK; one-to-one support and mentoring; and additional professional development training.
Applications Open at 12pm on Monday 19th February 2018
Applications Close at 12pm on Thursday 29th March 2018
PLEASE NOTE: This scheme is for those who have a specific interest in pursuing an Accounts career in the Film industry. It is an introductory training scheme to highlight the career opportunities available and help signpost participants to the relevant experience and qualifications they may need to eventually become a Production Accountant.
We are looking for talented individuals from across the UK who have less than 12 months paid experience in the Accounts Department of a Film Production Office and are not in full time education.
Ideally, applicants will have some bookkeeping/accounts experience but a high level of numeracy and MS Excel skills are essential.
WE WELCOME APPLICATIONS FROM:
• Existing qualified accountants or those with some bookkeeping/accounts experience, interested in working in the Film industry
• Individuals who have a high level of numeracy and MS Excel, and want to enter an exciting, creative industry
• Film industry professionals from other departments who want to step across to the Accounts Department.
**Please note, applicants who are stepping across from other Film Departments MUST be able to demonstrate why they want to make this move**
Trainee Finder seeks to ensure inclusivity in the Film workforce. Creative Skillset is committed to diversity and equality of opportunity in all aspects of its work.
• Have a high level of numeracy and be confident using MS Excel spreadsheets
• Live in the UK and have evidence of the right to remain in the UK.
• Have fewer than 12 months, relevant, paid experience in the Accounts Department of a Film production office.
• Provide 2 professional references (see below for detailed criteria)
• Be available for placements during the time on the program.
• Demonstrate a passion and commitment for working in Accounts and Film, and how they will benefit from Trainee Finder.
• Ideally be able to drive or close to taking driving tests, and be open to being flexible about the location of placement.
• MUST be from professionals, IDEALLY from an Accounts environment.
• Students or people at trainee level are not acceptable referees.
• One reference may be from a tutor/lecturer/group leader if they are or have been an industry professional.
• References can come from other sectors on a case by case basis.
• If an applicant gets through to interview stage, we will contact referees.
• All applicants MUST create a HIIVE login in order to apply
• You do not need a university degree to apply.
• We cannot consider applications from anyone who is in full time education after June 2018
• Any training will be subject to providing evidence of your right to remain in the UK. Failure to provide appropriate documentation may result in the training placement being withdrawn.
• All successful applicants must attend a mandatory 5-day induction event beginning Monday 4th June 2018 in preparation for the scheme.
If your application is successful, you will become part of Creative Skillset’s Film Trainee Finder Scheme as an Accounts Trainee. The scheme lasts for one year from the first induction day in June 2018.
By becoming a part of Film Trainee Finder, you will become part of an industry recognised group of trainees, receiving exclusive access to training placements on some of the most exciting Films being shot in the UK. Whilst on production, you will be supported by a supervisor within your department, learn and develop your experience through on the job training, and gain important contacts to help you find future work.
Alongside placements and an induction week, all trainees are required to attend training which could include Health and Safety, Finance for Freelancers, First Aid, Branding and Networking, Industry Masterclasses, Carbon Literacy and one-to-one support.
When working on placement, trainees will be given an expenses allowance which is at least the minimum wage.
Please note that once accepted on to Trainee Finder, placements are not guaranteed, and you must ensure your CV and HIIVE profile are kept up to date and remain in contact with the Trainee Finder team about your availability. We will strive to help you and put you forward for any placements you express interest in, but it is the decision of the production which trainees are selected. We therefore urge that you remain proactive in finding your own work, and not rely solely on the scheme.
The Trainee Finder team and the industry professionals will shortlist applicants based on their application and CV. If unsuccessful at getting to interview stage, please note that due to the volume of applications we receive, we will be unable to provide individual feedback.
Successful applicants will be called to take part in an interview with at least one relevant industry professional. Prior to their interview, applicants will be asked to compete two short tests on the day; a numeracy test and an MS Excel test.
It is mandatory for successful applicants to attend a 5-day induction event in June 2018 (location TBC) run by The Production Guild.
How to apply
Please apply in two stages:
1. Please complete the numeracy test AND the aptitude test using the links below. These MUST be completed by the application closing time & date, Thursday 29th March at midday:
Both tests consist of 10 questions and should take no longer than 10-15mins each to complete.
**PLEASE NOTE, YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED UNTIL YOU HAVE COMPLETED BOTH TESTS**
2. Once you have completed the above tests, click the 'Apply' button at the top of this page (you must be logged into HIIVE for this to appear) and fill out the application form.
Remember to attach your CV and complete the details of your two industry references!
**APPLICATIONS CLOSE AT MIDDAY ON THURSDAY 29TH MARCH 2018**