Making Creativity Work: Start your career in the Screen Industries
23rd April 2017
23rd April 2017
These bootcamps will focus on freelancing and starting a career in the screen industries. The training will cover the following:
- Learn about the UK’s fastest growing industries
- Understand what employers want and how to show you’ve got what it takes
- Know where to look for work and which roles might suit you best
- Learn how to become a Freelancer
- Understand what employers want and need
- Access to industry events
- Gain a recognised Production Safety Passport
- Receive the support you need to register as self-employed and apply for live jobs
- Network with other freelancers and industry professionals
- Kickstart your career at our exclusive recruitment event
Making Creativity Work is FREE but is only eligible to unemployed adults aged 19+ who are starting out in their creative careers with an ambition to work in the screen industries (TV, Film, Animation, Visual Effect or Games), including production, administrative and support roles.
Please note full-time students are not eligible for this programme
Workshops will run daily from 10.00-17.00. There will be an additional interview preparation day in June (date tbc) and attendance to our recruitment event on 28th June where you could land a job or your first freelance contract.
- 15th May - 19th May
- 12th June - 16th June
- Kickstarter prep day (Date to be confirmed)
- Kickstarter recruitment day 28th June
This programme is supported by Bauer Media Academy through the European Social Fund and the JPMorgan Chase Foundation.
- FREE industry-led training
- A Creative Skillset Certificate
- A Hiive digital badge on your profile
- You'll be eligible for interviews with employers who are currently hiring at that time, via our Career Kickstarter programme (upon completion of training)
Creative Skillset Careers team
How to apply
To apply, simply click the 'Apply' button at the top of the page (you must be logged into Hiive for this to appear), and fill out the application form - don't forget to upload your video or voice recording as part of your application.
If you have any questions please feel free to post them in the comments section below or email Hello@Hiive.co.uk or call the office on 0207 713 9800, quote 'Making Creativity Work' and ask for Kay or Jude.