The Graduate Emerging Companies Programme provides six chosen talented companies with the opportunity to showcase their work at New Diorama Theatre, and take part in industry support sessions, covering all the basics of starting a theatre company, and how to sustain the company in the long-term.
As participants on the Graduate Emerging Companies programme, the six chosen ensembles take part in a workshop weekend lead by industry professionals, covering essential development topics for emerging companies. Topics covered will include Marketing, Touring, Access and Fundraising.
The programme offers talented theatre makers who are only just starting out in the industry the chance to hone their skills and the opportunity to re-invest at a very early stage in order to be able to support themselves through what can be a really tough time for theatre companies.
Each company is given a showcase opportunity at New Diorama Theatre, technical support, and will receive 100% of their box office takings.
At least two members of the company must be within two years of graduating.
- A Showcase performance at New Diorama Theatre
- 100% box office takings from the showcase.
- Industry professional – lead sessions covering essential topics such as Fundraising, Marketing, Access and Touring.
- Organisational support from the New Diorama Theatre staff team.
- David Byrne – New Diorama Theatre’s Artistic and Executive Director
- Helen Goodman – Freelance Theatre Producer
- Zoe Roberts – Producer, Kill The Beast
How to apply
Please fill in the application form by clicking the apply button above (the appl button will only display to logged in users)
Director in Residence
Leonie Rae Gasson
Director, Co-Artistic Director of Produced Moon and F-M-I-N, Project Manager at National Theatre of Scotland
Theatre-Maker, Freelance Director, Artistic Director @Produced Moon & Trainee Producer @Tricycle Theatre
Theatre maker | Filmmaker | Poet | Performer | Producer | Producer and Editor of The Offies Awards and OffWestEnd.com