The British Fashion Film Initiative
4th November 2016
4th November 2016
The BFC Fashion Film initiative supports designers wishing to use film as a means of showcasing their collection. It does this through providing funding, mentorship, showcasing opportunities and relationship building events. Since its launch, River Island has been the sole sponsor of BFC Fashion Film helping it fund up to 8 designer films a year.
There are two main areas of support that Fashion Film offers:
The BFC Fashion Film initiative provides one designer financial support towards creating a film for their upcoming collection.
2. Screening and Showcasing
Each season at London Fashion Week and London Collections Men Fashion Film hosts an event and screening for the Fashion Film recipients and the River Island Fashion Forum collaboration designer.
- The British Fashion Council Fashion Film initiative provides one designer financial support towards creating a film for their upcoming collection
- Sponsorship will be awarded to one designer each season at London Fashion Week Men's (LFWM) & London Fashion Week (LFW)
- The designer must showcase as either part of LFWM or LFW
- The applicant must have a minimum of two stockists
- Only fashion designers and brands can apply (directors can only apply through a brand)
- The applicant must be based in the UK
- Applications for London Fashion Week February 2017 are now open - apply online here. Application deadline: Friday 4th November 2016
- Applications for London Fashion Week Men's June 2017 will open in February 2017
- When the online application has been reviewed the applicant will receive a response by email
- The equal opportunities section must be completed, but can be anonymous. This will be kept and will not affect your entry
- Designers are selected by the Fashion Film Panel, comprised of the BFC and River Island
- Following the submission of the application form, successful applicants will be asked to further discuss their proposed film and its intended purpose. This will be reviewed by the Fashion Film panel
- Applicants may be asked to submit additional supporting information such as budget, treatment, credits
- Applications are judged by the Fashion Film Panel
- Successful applicants can apply for up to two grants of support
One Fashion Designer can apply for financial support towards creating a film for their upcoming collection.
Fashion Film Panel, comprised of BFC and River Island.
How to apply
Application are done via the BFC website by clicking apply buton at top of this page [you need to be logged for the apply button to be displayed].
You can also find further information on this by contacting Isabella Davey on Tel: +44 (0) 20 7759 1978