We, Creative Skillset Sector Skills Council Limited (we / us / our), are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
- Data Protection Compliance
- Information about you that we may collect
- How we use the information about you that we collect
- Cookie technology
- Where we store your personal information
- Information security
- Other websites
- Adjusting your privacy settings
- Access to your information
- How to contact us
Data protection compliance
Hiive is controlled by us from our offices in the United Kingdom (UK). Personal information collected via Hiive is processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (Act), which regulates the processing of personal data in the UK. We are registered as a data controller in accordance with the Act (our registration number is Z8941934) and we comply with UK data protection and privacy law.
If you choose to visit Hiive from outside the UK, you do so at your own risk, with the understanding that personal information collected from Hiive may be collected, stored and used in a country whose privacy laws may be different and less protective than those of your home country.
Hiive is not directed to individuals under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, we request that you do not provide personal information through Hiive.
Information about you that we may collect
When you visit Hiive, we may collect and process the following information about you, which includes “personal data” as defined in the Act:
- Information you provide to us – You may provide us with information by completing forms on or otherwise submitting information to Hiive, or by corresponding with us via email, telephone, post or otherwise. This might include information you give us when you register to use Hiive, create a profile, create a swarm, post comments, “like” content, ask or answer questions, thank other users of Hiive (Users) for advice, “follow” other Users, update your profile, apply for vacancies, search for courses, participate in discussions or other functions of Hiive, report offensive content or another problem with Hiive, or when you respond to specific questions from us. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address, photograph, portfolio, employment details, education details, skills, audience, industry sector(s) and other details about your professional life that you provide to us. Some or all of this information may be publicly visible on Hiive and may be displayed in search engine results and in recommendations to other Users.
- Information about you that we collect – Each time you access Hiive we may collect the following technical information about the way in which you accessed Hiive: the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; your login information; your browser type and version; your time zone setting; your browser plug-in types and versions; and your operating system and platform.
- Information about your use of Hiive – Each time you access Hiive we may collect the following technical information about your use of Hiive: the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from Hiive (including date and time); page response times; download errors; length of visits to certain pages; page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs); and methods used to browse away from the last page visited. We may also keep a record of any telephone number that you call us from.
- Information we receive from other sources – If you give us permission, we may also retrieve information from your LinkedIn, Google, Facebook or Twitter accounts when you register on Hiive. Some or all of this information may be publicly visible and may be displayed in search engine results.
How we use the information about you that we collect
Depending on your Account settings, we may use some or all of the information about you that we hold in the following ways:
- to provide you with further information about Hiive, about Creative Skillset in general, and about carefully selected third parties;
- to display on your profile, in your activity stream, in forums and elsewhere on Hiive;
- to assess your professional needs and attributes in order to match you with other Users, and to identify content, resources and vacancies appropriate for you and those other Users;
- to request resources appropriate for you from third parties (for example, LinkedIn);
- depending on your settings and where you subscribe for updates, for the purpose of sending you those updates (see below for details on adjusting your privacy settings);
- depending on your settings, to share your information with trusted third parties carefully selected by us so that they can send you updates (see below for details on adjusting your privacy settings);
- to administer our site and for internal operations including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, and surveys;
- to notify you about changes to Hiive; and
- to link your LinkedIn, Google, Facebook or Twitter profiles to your Hiive profile if you choose to do so (which may involve us sending your information to LinkedIn for that purpose).
Where we store your personal information
All information you provide to us is stored, usually within the UK or other parts of the European Economic Area ("EEA"), on secure servers hosted by us or third parties providing hosting or other services for us.
The information we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the EEA, including destinations where the privacy laws of the country concerned may be different and less protective than those of EEA countries. It may also be processed by personnel operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such personnel may be engaged in, among other things, the provision of support services.
By submitting your personal information, you agree to this transfer, storage and processing.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. You acknowledge and accept that, despite our efforts to protect your personal information, there is a risk that others may try to intercept the personal information you provide to us. Any transmission of your information is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Hiive may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible and accept no liability for the privacy practices or content of such websites. Please check the privacy policies of these other websites before you submit any personal data to these websites.
When information about you may be accessed by others
Information displayed on your profile may be publicly visible on Hiive and may be displayed in search engine results.
Occasionally, we (or trusted third parties carefully selected by us) may wish to send you information about our (and/or their) products, services and activities. Before you are sent any such information, we will ask whether you wish to receive such information. If you confirm that you do wish to receive such information, you are consenting to the use of your personal information (and, if applicable, the sharing of it with such trusted third parties) for that purpose. If you confirm that you do not wish to receive such information, we will not use your personal information, and we will not share it with such trusted third parties, for that purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us by email (see below for details of how to contact us).
Access to your information
The Act gives you the right to access information about you that we hold. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information about you that we hold.
How to contact us
This policy was last modified on 15 October 2014.