We, Creative Skillset, Sector Skills Council Limited or any successor in title (we / us / our), are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
- Data Protection Compliance
- Information about you that we may collect
- How we use the information about you that we collect
- Cookie technology
- Where we store your personal information
- Information security
- Other websites
- Adjusting your privacy settings
- Access to your information
- How to contact us
Data protection compliance
Hiive is controlled by us from our offices in the United Kingdom (UK). Personal information collected via Hiive is processed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations of May 2018 and any other subsequent Data Protection Legislation UK (Act), which regulates the processing of personal data in the UK. We are registered as a data controller in accordance with the Act (our registration number is Z8941934) and we comply with UK data protection and privacy law.
Our Data Protection Officers are:
Anna Kim, HR and Office Manager, available at firstname.lastname@example.org
Clive Goss, Finance and Operations Director, available at email@example.com
Or our General Data Protection Officers email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you choose to visit Hiive from outside the UK, you do so at your own risk, with the understanding that personal information collected from Hiive may be collected, stored and used in a country whose privacy laws may be different and less protective than those of your home country.
Hiive is not directed to individuals under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, we request that you do not provide personal information through Hiive.
Our legal basis for processing your information
The use of your information for the purposes set out above is lawful because one or more of the following applies:
- Where you have provided information to us for the purposes of requesting information or requesting that we carry out a service for you, we will proceed on the basis that you have given consent to us using the information for that purpose, based on the way that you provided the information to us. You may withdraw consent at any time by emailing us at email@example.com. This will not affect the lawfulness of processing of your information prior to your withdrawal of consent being received and actioned.
- It is necessary for us to hold and use your information so that we can carry out our obligations under a contract entered into with you or to take steps you ask us to prior to entering into a contract.
- Where necessary to comply with our legal obligations
- Where the purpose of our processing is the provision of information or services to you, we may also rely on the fact that it is necessary for your legitimate interests that we provide the information or service requested, and given that you have made the request, would presume that there is no prejudice to you in our fulfilling your request.
- Where necessary, the provision of information to a third party to enable them to fulfil part of a contract or request for assistance such as third party training provider or specific skills funding body (e.g.the BFI)
If you want to contact us about your marketing preferences please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 02077139800
Information about you that we may collect
When you visit Hiive, we may collect and process the following information about you, which includes “personal data” as defined in the Act:
- Information you provide to us – You may provide us with information by completing forms on or otherwise submitting information to Hiive, or by corresponding with us via email, telephone, post or otherwise. This might include information you give us when you register to use Hiive, create a profile, create a swarm, post comments, “like” content, ask or answer questions, thank other users of Hiive (Users) for advice, “follow” other Users, update your profile, apply for vacancies, search for courses, participate in discussions or other functions of Hiive, report offensive content or another problem with Hiive, or when you respond to specific questions from us. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address, photograph, portfolio, employment details, education details, skills, audience, industry sector(s) and other details about your professional life that you provide to us. Some or all of this information may be publicly visible on Hiive and may be displayed in search engine results and in recommendations to other Users.
- Information about you that we collect – Each time you access Hiive we may collect the following technical information about the way in which you accessed Hiive: the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; your login information; your browser type and version; your time zone setting; your browser plug-in types and versions; and your operating system and platform.
- Information about your use of Hiive – Each time you access Hiive we may collect the following technical information about your use of Hiive: the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from Hiive (including date and time); page response times; download errors; length of visits to certain pages; page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs); and methods used to browse away from the last page visited. We may also keep a record of any telephone number that you call us from.
- Information we receive from other sources – If you give us permission, we may also retrieve information from your LinkedIn, Google, Facebook or Twitter accounts when you register on Hiive. Some or all of this information may be publicly visible and may be displayed in search engine results.
How we use the information about you that we collect
Depending on your Account settings, we may use some or all of the information about you that we hold in the following ways:
- to provide you with further information about Hiive, about Creative Skillset in general, and about carefully selected third parties;
- to display on your profile, in your activity stream, in forums and elsewhere on Hiive;
- to assess your professional needs and attributes in order to match you with other Users, and to identify content, resources and vacancies appropriate for you and those other Users;
- to request resources appropriate for you from third parties (for example, LinkedIn);
- depending on your settings and where you subscribe for updates, for the purpose of sending you those updates (see below for details on adjusting your privacy settings);
- depending on your settings, to share your information with trusted third parties carefully selected by us so that they can send you updates (see below for details on adjusting your privacy settings);
- to administer our site and for internal operations including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, and surveys;
- to notify you about changes to Hiive; and
- to link your LinkedIn, Google, Facebook or Twitter profiles to your Hiive profile if you choose to do so (which may involve us sending your information to LinkedIn for that purpose).
Where we store your personal information
All information you provide to us is stored, usually within the UK or other parts of the European Economic Area ("EEA"), on secure servers hosted by us or third parties providing hosting or other services for us.
Creative Skillset does not transfer your personal information to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA)
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. You acknowledge and accept that, despite our efforts to protect your personal information, there is a risk that others may try to intercept the personal information you provide to us. Any transmission of your information is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Creative Skillset has taken care to ensure that the information on the website is correct. However, no warranty, express or implied, is given as to its accuracy and Creative Skillset does not accept any liability for error or omission. Creative Skillset is not responsible for how the information is used, how it is interpreted or what reliance is placed on it. We do not guarantee that the information on Hiive is fit for any particular purpose. You should also be aware that the availability of courses of study is subject to conditions applied by individual institutions at their sole discretion.
Hiive may contain links to other websites or any other companies events and opportunities. We are not responsible and accept no liability for the privacy practices or content of those third parties . Please check the privacy policies of these parties before you submit any personal data to them. We are not responsible and do not accept any liability for the privacy practices or content of these organisations. Creative Skillset does not endorse any of the products or services of third party organisations contained within its sites unless expressly stated.
When information about you may be accessed by others
Information displayed on your profile may be publicly visible on Hiive and may be displayed in search engine results.
Occasionally, we (or trusted third parties carefully selected by us) may wish to send you information about our (and/or their) products, services and activities. Before you are sent any such information, we will ask whether you wish to receive such information. If you confirm that you do wish to receive such information, you are consenting to the use of your personal information (and, if applicable, the sharing of it with such trusted third parties) for that purpose. If you confirm that you do not wish to receive such information, we will not use your personal information, and we will not share it with such trusted third parties, for that purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us by email (see below for details of how to contact us).
You have the right to request details of the processing activities that we carry out with your personal information through making a Data Subject Access Request. Such requests have to be made in writing. On or after 25 May 2018 no charge may be made under GDPR except in very limited circumstances, which will be explained to you if relevant. More details about how to make a request, and the procedure to be followed, can be found on Creative Skillset website.
You also have the following rights: (as introduced in the UK under the GDPR in May 2018):
- the right to request rectification of information that is inaccurate or out of date;
- the right to erasure of your information (known as the “right to be forgotten”);
- the right to restrict the way in which we are dealing with and using your information; and
- the right to request that your information be provided to you in a format that is secure and suitable for re-use (known as the “right to portability”);
- rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling including profiling for marketing purposes.
All of these rights are subject to certain safeguards and limits or exemptions, further details of which can be found in our Data Protection Policy. To exercise any of these rights, you should contact Data Protection Officer(s) at email@example.com.
If you are not happy with the way in which we have processed or dealt with your information, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further details about how to complain can be found here: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
Freedom of information
The Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOA) provides public access to information held by public authorities. It does this in two ways:
- Public authorities are obliged to publish certain information about their activities; and
- Members of the public are entitled to request information from public authorities.
The FOA covers any recorded information that is held by a public authority in England, Wales and Northern Ireland, and by UK-wide public authorities based in Scotland. Information held by Scottish public authorities is covered by Scotland's own Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002.
Creative Skillset is not a public body, and therefore is not directly subject to the FOA. The list of public bodies covered by the FOA can be found here. We will respond to requests for information from members of the public, where the provision of information in response to such an enquiry does not adversely affect Creative Skillset or its stakeholders. This is entirely at the discretion of Creative Skillset, and we are in no way compelled by the FOA to respond to such requests. All Freedom of Information requests should be sent to Data Protection Officer(s) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to contact us
This policy was last modified on May 2018.