Looking for High End TV Drama Trainees?
HETV TRAINEE FINDER : New Look, New Talent
From 1st July 2017 our new cohort of High-End TV Drama Trainee Finder trainees will be ready and available to be placed onto productions paying into the High-End Television Levy fund.
Running from 1st July to 21st March 2018, HETV Trainee Finder will have a group of 75 trainees who will be placed across 7 priority grades:
- Art department
- Data management/editing
- Hair and Make up
To be able to eligible for Trainee Finder you must have agreed to contribute to the high-end TV skills levy. For levy enquiries and payments, please contact Arnie Voysey ArnieV@creativeskillset.org
The Trainee Finder database gives you access to all the trainees currently part of the scheme. You can search for trainees by location, job role and availability. Once you have reviewed the profile of the relevant trainees you can select as many as you want to contact.
The expression of interest button on the trainee’s profile will alert the Trainee Finder team who will then send you the contact details of the trainees so you can contact them for interview.
You will agree training placement dates with each trainee as well as confirming the trainee’s job role and how much they will be paid (see below for the parameters of acceptable pay for a trainee on Trainee Finder).
Once these factors are agreed, get back in touch with the Trainee Finder team and we issue a contract confirming the above
The appointed supervisor and the trainee will agree a training plan at the start of the placement benchmarking the trainees’ skills, and learning objectives. At the end of the placement the training plan will evidence how far the trainee has progressed. Subsequent placements for the trainee will build on these achievements.
• The trainee is required to agree a training plan with you at the beginning of their placement, keep it updated regularly, and submit to you a completed training plan signed by the mentor/supervisor at the end of the placement.
• The trainee is also to complete timesheets each week for the production/account office.
• Trainees are considered to be on a Training Agreement rather than an employment contract and therefore the Training Allowance must be paid via a bursary/direct bank transfer.
• We cannot match-fund any Training Allowance paid PAYE or via payroll.
• Trainees under a Training Agreement do not incur tax, so bursary payments are exempt from tax and NI for both trainee and production.
• We can match fund training up to a maximum of 60 hours per week. Any hours the trainee is expected to work over 60 hours per week should be covered by a separate agreement made directly between the production and the trainee.
Key Changes to The New Trainee Finder Programme for 2017/18
- A maximum of three trainees available per production from the above list –no other subsidy for other grades outside these departments is available
- It is not possible to add additional Creative Skillset funded trainees to the programme or your production. However, if you choose to fund your own trainees outside the Trainee Finder programme, we will endeavour to provide them access to our Pastoral Care Programme for free. Please contact us to discuss your requirements
- Creative Skillset will reimburse 50% of the training allowance subsidy for each trainee
- Maximum training allowance of £450pw
- Each trainee will receive a minimum of four weeks and a maximum of 36 weeks of placements and “graduates” at the end of this time
- Each of the 75 trainees has been interviewed by an industry professional working in the chosen department and will have taken part in a two day induction, to ensure they are placement ready
- Productions in the Nations and Regions can apply for to a further modest funding pot to support additional trainees in the above roles, please speak to Nicky directly to discuss your requirements
- Every trainee will also take part in the HETV Trainee Finder Pastoral Care programme, which will include valuable additional training including, health and safety on set, supporting a carbon neutral production and finance for freelancers
- A dedicated HETV Trainee Finder team available to support your production and your trainees get the very best from the opportunity
Patrizia Berardi , Trainee Finder Manager will be your key contact in accessing trainee talent once you have paid into the levy. Please contact Patrizia if you are looking for trainees and the team will match trainees to placements and give recommended shortlists to productions to interview email@example.com 0207 7139 889
Nicky Ball ,Senior Trainee Finder Manager is your key contact for the programme as a whole. Please contact Nicky if you have any have any questions and also to discuss productions shooting in the Nations and Regions. firstname.lastname@example.org 07432 591 375