IdeasTap Innovators Fund Terms and Conditions
IdeasTap Innovators Fund – Terms & Conditions
1. Applicants to the IdeasTap Innovators Fund must be aged 18 or over on the closing date – March 11 September 2016.
2. Applicants must be resident in the UK.
3. Applications must demonstrate that the Innovators Fund will enhance the quality and ambition of their ideas and projects in ways that would not be possible without the support of the Fund.
4. Applicants must be able to demonstrate that there is real financial need for funding from the Innovators Fund.
5. Applicants must be able to demonstrate that the project has not been done before.
6. The Innovators Fund will support applications from groups or individuals for arts and creative projects as long as one person takes the lead and has the main responsibility for managing the application and any money awarded. By “Groups of People” we mean a single group of people working towards a shared or common goal.
7. The Innovators Fund is intended to finance gestating ideas to help get them off the ground, rather than enhance existing projects in want of a financial boost. The Innovators Fund is for activities, projects and the development of ideas carried out within a specific period of time. Applicants should be aware that they will be expected to develop their projects from March 2016 – September 2016, including development, marketing and the final product. All activities or claims taking place before or after March 2016 – September 2016 will be considered ineligible for the fund.
8. Project applicants must be able to demonstrate the commitment of an organisation to support the goal of your creative project. This should include the name and position of a reference/mentor from one or more organisations (these can be arts organisations, community organisations, schools, venues, other funders or creative industry companies).
9. Evidence of artistic merit, originality and the innovative quality of the project including the project management and ability to deliver will be the foremost consideration of the Judges.
10. All funding awarded can only be used for the sole purpose of the project and must be transparent and clearly documented
11. All Intellectual Property will remain with and belong to the individual applicant.
12. IdeasTap and Hiive reserve the right to publicise and promote all applications and funded projects, including individual profiles and Project Summaries.
13. Successful applicants will be expected to promote the award, be available for interviews and participate in events such as receptions, press activities and launches.
14. All shortlisted applicants must ensure that they are available for the filming and documenting of their project and for any related editorial activity. Failure to do so will result in the withdrawal of your application.
15. It is an absolute condition of the IdeasTap Innovators Fund to individuals that they must acknowledge the IdeasTap Innovators Fund support on every possible occasion.
16. To be eligible for funding it is necessary to complete your profile (along with a profile photo) on Hiive, and complete and upload the application form.
17. The assessment of applications will be carried out in accordance with the following weighting:
- Creativity and innovation of idea (60%)
- Project Management and the ability to deliver (30%)
- Quality of Profile on Hiive (10%)
18. Any costs incurred when putting together your application are to your account.
19. Any expenditure incurred or committed before we confirm the awarding of funds is to your account.
20. Selection of the winning projects remains the decision of the Judges. The outcome of the Judges’ decision is final. There will be no recourse to appeal if applications have not been successful.
21. Supporting material is required for all applications and can be displayed in the applicant’s Hiive profile or elsewhere online. Please do not send original work as we cannot accept responsibility for damaged or lost work.
22. You must keep to the Terms & Conditions and not make any changes to the project without our advance written permission. If you deliberately give any false or misleading information, we will withdraw your application or, if we have already awarded you the prize, ask you to pay back any money we have given you.
23. Incomplete applications will be considered ineligible.
24. The Innovators Fund is open to all artistic disciplines (and combinations thereof).
25. The Judging panel will meet to assess projects and will award up to £500 for each successful project. The Judges will be made up of IdeasTap representatives, the Hiive team, external industry specialists and members of Hiive.
26. The Innovators Fund’s £500 prizes will be allocated to projects taking place between: March 2016 – September 2016.
27. You may only make one submission to the Innovators Fund per round.
28. Winning applicants to the Innovators Fund will be awarded the funding in one instalment at the beginning of the project.
29. We expect all funded projects to be delivered in a sustainable and environmentally friendly manner.
30. All projects will be judged according to the following criteria:
• In what ways is the project innovative and new?
• How does the project meet the needs of an audience/market?
• Is the project properly costed and can it be effectively managed?
Projects Not Eligible for Funding
The following projects are not eligible for funding from the Innovators Fund:
• Individuals/projects which will use the fund solely for the purchase of equipment (by “equipment” we mean musical instruments, computers, office equipment, multimedia and audio-visual equipment etc.)
• Individuals that will use the Fund to support themselves in everyday living expenses
• Training or professional development activities
• Projects which have taken place before the assessment of the application
• Costs that are already covered by other funding
• Fundraising events
• Activities for formal educational purposes set out by the National Curriculum, e.g. degree or MA courses
• Self-promotional activities which do not benefit young people, the promotion of learning or creativity